This collection consists of one volume of expenditure records from James H. Bright for buildings at Washington University from 1900 to 1903, including Busch Building, University Hall, Cupples No. 1, Cupples No. 2, Liggett Building, Work Shop, and Boile House. These records track the various costs of constructing these buildings.
This collection includes material that documents the Danforth Campus Dedication in 2006, including publications that advertised the events and that were distributed at the dedication and also material regarding the Lecture Series that was part of the dedication.
Materials in this collection include photographs and slides documenting construction, renovation, and infrastructure projects on campus, and were predominantly taken by Facilities personnel. Most of Series 03 consists of planning documents from outside architectural or engineering firms contracted by the University.
The Fred R. Hammond Collection includes drawings, photographs, and other images of architectural projects built on the Washington University Campus by the firm of Hammond, Charle, Burns and Le Pere, Architects and Planners, as well as its predecessor firms including Cope and Stewardson. Of particular interest is a notebook of sketches and photographs of gargoyles from across the Washington University Danforth Campus.
The collection includes material relating to the Hilltop Campus Architectural Competition of 1899, including background information and competition drawings.
The collection includes material relating to the Mudd/Eliot Hall architectural competition of 1965, including background information and competition drawings.
The collection includes material relating to the Olin Library architectural competition of 1956, including background information and competition drawings.
This collection is comprised primarily of sound recordings, slides, and a transcript of a presentation given by Pickens detailing examples of architecture found on the Washington University campus. The material is arranged by material type.